From weekly Liturgical services to Bible classes, life at Saint Basil Church is enriched with many opportunities for learning more about our relationship with God and each other.
- Every Sunday, we celebrate the Divine Liturgy. We invite everyone to join us in prayer and worship as one family.
- During our weekly Fellowship Hour after Sunday Liturgy, we strive to meet everyone and make them feel like a member of our family.
- Sunday School gives children an opportunity to learn about the Bible, their Orthodox faith and socialize in a structured environment.
- Catechism Classes offers courses for anyone interested in learning more about Orthodoxy.
Anyone can participate in the Divine Liturgy, whether it's preparing Prosphoro (bread), ushering, being in the choir, or assisting the priest as an acolyte (altar boy), there is a place for everyone.
Greek education aims at distilling in the minds and hearts the spiritual, moral and cultural values of our Greek Orthodox faith and Greek heritage.
- Greek Language School not only gives children an opportunity to learn a new language, it also exposes them to a new culture.
- Greek Dance School offers courses for everyone ages 5 and up! It is a great opportunity for anyone to learn the basic steps to all Greek folk dances. Experienced dancers will find the depth of instruction to be invaluable and that will ultimately lead to breakthroughs.
- Special Events are always being planned for our community. From glendis (Greek party) and picnics to guest speakers and special screenings, we offer many opportunities for everyone to meet new people and make friends.
To develop ministries, increase faithful stewards, and offer the sacraments and liturgical services to the Greek Orthodox Christian parishioners in South Orange County, under the direction of His Eminence Metropolitan Gerasimos of the Metropolis of San Francisco.
Growing a Church Family
Come, be part of our greater family, where we can pray together, love one another, grow our families together, watch out for each other, break bread together, laugh together, share together and be strong together all while uniting to build a church for generations to come.
Become a Part of Our Family
Being a newer church, there are many opportunities for you to support our mission and join our family.
Prayer is something we all can do. A contribution of your time and talent is also welcomed and encouraged. Whether you wish to work with children or the elderly, take on a leadership role in the mission, worship as an acolyte, reader, usher, sing in the choir, assist at fellowship hour or even help maintain the facilities, there is something for everyone to get involved. You might even think of something that we're not doing today, and start a new program.
Lastly, your financial support is welcomed. Your contribution, large or small, keeps the mission going by supporting our ministries and covers 100% percent of our facility expenses and priest. Whether you give weekly, monthly, yearly, anonymously and/or contribute in the basket on Sundays, your voluntary support of our mission family will allow us to continue to grow and achieve parish status.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.